Just to get by

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 12:40 a.m.

Get By - Tali Kweli, playing in the room. Rap is the only uplifting music I have lately. The heavy music is good for these times too, but I'm unable to crush my enemies under my war hammer; thus viking metal lacks. So its rap. Trying to learn to hustle.

Unsure if I am going to be at Eastern Edge Gallery after September 5th, awaiting notification on funding and bureaucracy turns so slowly. So applying to a few new jobs this week as well as looking for a new apartment. Trying to keep the costs on the down side, but damn Holmes, seems impossible.
Feeling so restless as well. I hate the thought of signing a lease. Something that is keeping me in place. I don't want to have to give notice or frig around if I want to go. On the other hand though, this everything being up in the air does not lend itself to enjoyment. I'm lost and unsure what direction to follow. As I said before, it really goes with the current art work.

The new lithograph print is going well as far as I can tell, I was working at it for another few hours tonight after work. Really shaping up n getting the hang of the maniere noire technique. At least as far as I know - I'll be asking Mike tomorrow about it. Hoping to do the first etch on it tomorrow. Printing maybe Thursday or Saturday, would like to print while Mike is around. Not that familar with litho just yet to be totally comfortable printing this different technique.

Would love to have a whole month free just to print all day. I regret the times I had close to that and never had any ideas. That' the way it goes. September is shaping up to be quite good with the visiting artist Colin Lyons coming to St. Michael's. That ould be a great month to have no work to go to. Which I might yet. HaHa

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Just to get by