Future is so bright, I have to squint while I print

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 12:57 p.m.

I forgot to write last night that I finished two more editions the week. On Wednesday I printed my lithography stone, with it rolling up well and printing fine. Had a little problem with the ink at first, using a stiffer ink -shop black ink- where I should of used crayon black. The shop black gave me problems on my palette, but the print shop director came over and fixed the problem for me.

He also told me I was using too much water on my stone, no need to see beads of water on it, no need to wring water out on it. I think that helped a lot too, allows for less transfer of water to the ink palette [ which gets messy] and allows for quicker sponging.

So one lithograph print was completed, I signed and numbered it Thursday night.
As well I finished an intaglio [etching, aquatint] print Thursday as well, so thats all signed as well.

Washed the image out of my stone, so hoping to get graining after the art marathon week. I have a bit of blank metal plate that would be for a larger size etching.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Future is so bright, I have to squint while I print