Where are you yeezy?

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , , , | Posted On Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 2:47 a.m.

It's going to be a busy week coming up. The 24 Hour art marathon activities start Tuesday for me, and volunteers, and then our big launch is Wednesday with Annie Sprinkle at the Rockhouse, artist's talks and cocktails Thursday, getting everything ready for the marathon Friday, and then the marathon Saturday. That's a good 24 hours straight gig, with almost a hundred artists and probably 300 people coming through, over 20 bands and performers, numerous workshops, along with a bar and feeding people. I do pretty good in those situations, I just work and keep my head on a swivel. The 24 hours up awake, I haven't been able to do that in a long time. Have to see about that. Redbull? Yis!

Also having to move this week, so will have to pack up tomorrow night and getting stuff ready for that. i will be working all week and night, so Adam and the parents will have to help with that. Real bum thing to be happening, but that's it. Having problems with the guy I am sub-leasing from, but will straighten that out the week too.

As for art, well, I guess it isn't going to happen this week at all. I have been on a really good schedule lately, and hate that it will be interrupted; mostly because it is difficult getting back on it. I have a lot planned, there are many ideas floating round that I would like to get down soon. what also worries me about my art making is after the marathon, I have to start looking for new employment. That will be another interruption in that I will have to find a new job, and I really don't think there is much available. Actually, there is very little available.
The print shop scholarship is an excellent opportunity and I want to make the most out of it. Yet I feel I may have to move away to make some money, least better money. I know one to make art has to do jobs to survive, to be creative enough to make money, to just do it. I have enough phrases and words of wisdom in my head, enough to write a platonic dialogue of my own about it. Doesn't mean I think I can work at a fast food joint. Maybe something will come up, but just very nervous about the fall and the upcoming weeks.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Where are you yeezy?