Never gonna starve

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 4:46 p.m.

I'm home for the weekend, and got up noon [ Bukowski said it will add years on to your life, rising at noon]. Did a few things round the house, and went out into the shed to try and do some painting. I wanted to oil paint, but had not the time for it; so using acrylics, tole paint ones. Which is fine with me. The problem I am thinking is that I am using some of the cheap canvas. The question that arose as I painted, not liking the canvas board texture is "Why use canvas at all?". I prefer using paper, find cardboard nice to paint on, so why wasn't I using it?

Why should I cater to this precious object mentality, when I prefer cardboard for acrylic painting. I wouldn't use oils on them, just bleeds too much.

Maybe just realizing as well that things are getting tight, I can't afford to spend all this money on suppilies like I felt I could at art school. In art school, economics aren't suppose to enter the picture but out, well, a man has to eat. I think I have to reevaluate my art practice. Fiugre out what is necessary.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Never gonna starve