Print ink slinger. Chain Blinger. Holla at the next chick soon as you're blinkin. Printmakin. Drinking grey goose as I'm inking.

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Friday, August 1, 2008 at 11:14 p.m.

So I have been printing a lot this week, and finally got one of my editions done. I have to tear the paper tomorrow [mostly because of not using a guide for laying paper down and eyeballing it] and sign, date, and register them at St. Micheal's. Then finally the printshop chop.

Started wiping two other plates this week as well. I'll be printing my lithograph tomorrow. Ordering some colour print inks this upcoming week, for both etching and lithography. Ordering your own inks make you realize how good you had it in school.

Borrowed a few books from the library, one is Jim Dine Prints 1970 - 1977 which is a decent catalog of works of his during that period. I would like to do a homage to one of his works, a slight updating of his etchings called "Four Kinds of Pubic Hair". They are definitely a product of the time, so I would like to do a contemporary version. A landing stripe perhaps. I'll get a scan of he etchings in question, and post soon. The book has a very good interview with him as well, and offers some insight into his work.

The other book I'm reading now is The North Pole: A Narrative History edited by Anthony Brandt. It's published by National Geographic. It has excerpts from selected Northern explorers from their diaries, book, etc. Should be good for my current research and art project. I really got to get producing more work on it as well, before I get bogged down and the excitement dies.

The relief woodblock prints I had started on some skateboards got a little shot at tonight. An artist Dennis McNett who is interviewed on Fecal Face and is also a printmaking professor in New York had done some. Not sure if he printed them or just carved, but takes a little originality out of my idea. Still going to continue it, for I'm playing with some other elements of the skateboard as well.

That' it for now, been a long day. Listening to Daft Punk's Something About Us Video. Certain people in my head.

Comments:

There are 4 comments for Print ink slinger. Chain Blinger. Holla at the next chick soon as you're blinkin. Printmakin. Drinking grey goose as I'm inking.