Y'all don't know my struggle Y'all can't match my hustle

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , , | Posted On Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 10:42 p.m.

Printed two plates today. They went swell, though one need a a bit more work. But was interesting. Need to try the bigger one with some colour, perhaps some blue. Bring out some depth in it.
I need pictures, so I can classify more than just bigger and smaller. Visuals help when speaking of visual art I've been told.

Picked up my art procurement submission today, I didn't get bought by the City, no biggie. Picked up a bottle of red wine. Ease my sorrows.

I was distracted a bit today, by my own self. Brain all over the place. Checking email too often. Looking for distractions. Cleaned out my paper cupboard. I have a lot of prints. There's still some images I need to get down though. Still feels like working up to something, something bigger, grander.

I guess I just feel I'm not getting to the reason I'm making this work, not showing the initial reasoning, showing what I'm trying to get at with the work. The heart of the matter. It's funny, I would never write it down though. Never tell verbally. Probably no wonder it is so hard to get there, I don't want you to know. Or I do. Just want you to work for it. I think my fourth year adviser Stephen Mueller is a big influence here.

Need to print for a bit. Let the mind wander. Need to get a lot done before Christmas.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Y'all don't know my struggle Y'all can't match my hustle