Sometimes I'm wrong

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , , , , , , | Posted On Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 3:33 p.m.

So my belief that my interview with the Banff Centre was horrible, may have been a little unfounded; or perhaps it was horrible but the other candidates were worse, for I got the position. Yes, I will be the next Visual Arts Studio Work Study person this coming April till November. Very jacked about that. I found out Saturday morning, finally checking my email since Tuesday while at my friends house in Port Au Port. Turns out they had been trying to call me, but having phone problems. So yeah, going to Banff.

I was out on the West Coast of Newfoundland for the West Coast Craft Fair. I went to assist with the St. Michael's Printshop Booth. We were there from Wednesday [after the 8 hour drive of course] and drove back yesterday. I had a rad time bumping in to people, and hanging with the best friends. There was some drinks, and pizza, and just great relaxing moments. Talked about grad school with some of my professors, and was positive, but Banff will come first now.

Just had a really good time, and showed some people my new prints. Even had a little talk with a class. Showed them my work, and told them about what I have been doing. Mentioned the Don Wright Scholarship a lot as well, hopefully it will inspire some more applicants this year.

Aimed at using some of the time over in Corner Brook as some sketching time for my art, but that didn't come about. Which is fine, I did other wonderful things. Just got to work on some new pieces. I got a litho stone there just waiting for a drawing, and a lot of plates to edition. Just got to get to work.

Figured since I have mentioned putting up work before, and showed some work in Corner Brook, then perhaps it is about time I put some up now. [Notice that my photography skills are horrible.] The works have titles and all that, but they're written down somewhere and not in the mood to type them. They're all aquatint, drypoint, etching combinations. Zinc plates.










I have a lot more. And want more for my show in April. April is looking to be a good month, with having my art show and then off to Banff for the work study. I am still worried about surviving to April. The winter months are hard. Was hard getting back at my work today as well, been away a week from it, or more, because of new job. Been thinking on typography lately, and incorporating text and word into works. Most of my work is drawn from that, but it isn't acknowledged so much.

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Sometimes I'm wrong