I'm gonna make myself available to you

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , | Posted On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 1:52 a.m.

"I don't need no make up
I got real scars
I got hair on my chest
I look good without a shirt"

Tom Waits, Going Out West

It's the Christmas holidays. I'm enjoying myself, relaxing as much as I can. Eating well. Resting a lot. Just generally taking it easy. Reading. Practicing anatomy drawing. Really trying to get the body structure down, improve my figure drawing and drawing in general.

The idleness gets to me. I shouldn't ever be not working. Feels odd. I was hoping when I came home to start thinking of new imagery to pursue, new Arctic imagery. There are still some ideas left in my sketchbook. Was also hoping to straighten out why I'm doing that imagery, that work. Seems like a lot behind it. Lot of different threads. The starting thread, the inspiration changed. Changed, as I guess it is suppose to.
It's funny, I've never really wrote any of it out. Always talked about it the most general terms. Mueller always said it can be personal, but no one needs to know. They need to know a little, I do need a statement for the show. Something. Something for grants even.

The writing about art thing, by artists. Scrap that, was going to write about how writing about art by artists is annoying and only a recently imposed thing. But really, it isn't a bad thing. Just me trying to avoid it. I really got to work on it. Maybe some writing in a notebook first.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for I'm gonna make myself available to you