Toiling ant, what matters it, whether you reach your goal...or not

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , , , , , | Posted On Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 11:23 p.m.

Fridtjof Nansen, 1861 - 1930

One of the greatest Northern explorers. He drifted around the Arctic for over two years, made a mad dash for the pole, and then a long struggling journey home.

He went after this goal, a prize of prizes at the time. Pierre Berton's title "Arctic Grail" captures the weight of the quests by all the polar explorers. Countless explorers before him had gone after it, many had perished. There was such a gravitas about the North Pole. Yet he captures it right, what does it really matter if you achieve it?

I really wonder the same. Then again, I read that and wondered how I could convey it a print first. I don't know if I can, hasn't clicked in yet. Yet that is as much as my body of work is about as the rest of it. Actually, there is a lot wound up in this body of work. Sometimes too much.

My face is really dry. I think it is on part winter, 1 part printshop chemicals. Need to moisturize like a fiend. I need to make a trip to the grocerier as well soon. Also would like to pick up a bottle of wine for the weekend. Or liquor. Probably liquor. Wish more girls liked whiskey. Sigh.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Toiling ant, what matters it, whether you reach your goal...or not