Stacks of prints, etchings so nice, baby we can aquatint all night

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , , , | Posted On Monday, November 10, 2008 at 12:03 p.m.

Going home today for a spell. My uncle passed away, and I will be attending his funeral.
Going to be my first funeral [though not to lack of opportunities], I've just never went. Always been apprehension, a little fear, and unsure at times of the point of it. I understand a wake, but unsure of this other ceremony, the funeral. I remember reading about Douglas Adams ' funeral, and there was a hymn sung. Adams was an affirmed atheist. Of course, all the details about it aren't available to me nor should they, maybe he did want it. It just seems even more so than ever, that things, well, are out of your hands.
And yes, of course there is the fear of death. Then again, a funeral isn't death, it is just a ceremony of symbols that are to death. The body is dead, but it isn't death. It's empty of energy, but it isn't the "emptiness".
I will go of course, it is about time. Least have that experience. Go back on my word of never going to a funeral. Never went to two significant people funerals as a kid, said I would never go to anyone else. I guess one's word has to be broken, vows taken in different times do not stand as they do in another.

I need to go home for a little bit anyway - need to get away from the printshop. I need to replenish the art ideas. Get stuff for some new prints, get the brain custard flowing. To be honest though, I have like five or 6 plates that need to be editioned. Hoping my new inks come in for some of them. So could spend the next week just wiping plates. I just like creating them, very much a maker. I break everything else.
But yeah, need to get some things churning. A little bit home, a funeral?, some new books will help things. Then come back and make some more stacks.





Comments:

There are 3 comments for Stacks of prints, etchings so nice, baby we can aquatint all night