Need some more of that gangsta sht, none of that real shit

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 12:06 a.m.

Trying to restore myself, I am feeling slightly better. The swagger still isn't there though it has been a better week. Had some great visits from my brother and my friend, and visiting some friends, which cheered me up. A job interview which went well, leading to my prospects cheering up.

It is at a call centre, and the pay is good. Would definitively help my financial situation a lot, and my moods. Like economics drag me down faster than undertow. At the restaurant I have been cut to 15 hours of work after being promised much more, full time plus even. So while I disliked the work there, and appreciate the extra time for my art, this mofo needs to pay the bills.

My artwork is going well, though I am afraid I fucked up my aquatint tonight due to not having feathers for the etching. I shouldn't of attempted it without the feathers, but ever the impatient one. I think this is why my plates have been coming off over wiped looking, not over wiped but perhaps the aquatint isn't deep enough. I really hope not, but got a sneaking suspicison. They look right but not totally sure. Never going to be an aquatint master like David Blackwood this way. [Hoping to get to meet him this month.]

Tryng to get through this book of Zizek conversations and theories, but never finding time for it. I'm enjoying it but just find it hard dedicating some time to it.

My exhibition at St. Michael's is now in April, which is a good time for it - lots of traffic, spring in the air - and it gives me more time to prepare for it. Got a few three dimensional pieces in back of head. Going to fill that gallery space, show everyone what they have to catch up to. Just got to watch those aquatints.

Comments:

There are 3 comments for Need some more of that gangsta sht, none of that real shit