updating

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , | Posted On Saturday, November 3, 2007 at 11:04 p.m.

I have been painting over the past few days, trying to tune up the current painting. Just trying to up the torque and horsepower out of it, along with some custom details. It has a low rumble now, and I would put it in a mid range category, if I can continue this metaphor/simile. Its not a cruiser or racer, still working on ideas for those. A nice Lamborghini or Aston Martin level of painting would be nice.

I have been reading, the new GQ: Gentleman's Quarterly, and browsing a few art books. Suppose to be reading Hegel and Kant...

Gessoed some cardboard tubes tonight, in prep for a possible sculpture attempt. Debating the current merits of that; as in whether it is relevant or worth the time, will I be ate alive for them, etc.

Also hope to start my big drawing I had planned soon as well. The big sheet of paper isn't as intimidating as one thinks. Have had many people come and ask me where I got it, so I wonder if there will be some other big drawings soon at the college. Trendsetter perhaps?

Only another four weeks left...doesn't seem enough time really.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for updating