Subject matter

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 11:12 p.m.

Subject mattter, my subject matter is a representional drawings and painting.

The series of skull drawings are exploring a iconography that has been a part of human history, and has especially been included in art history. Skulls are a loaded icon, they are full of different meanings and have been appropriated for many types of meaning. I have researched different uses and appropriation of the skull imagery through the years, so I am dealing with this iconography in my drawings of them.
To myself, skulls have always popped up from time to time in my life and art practice. There has always been an interest in this object for me; and of course, with everyone, was a symbol of death. This meaning has changed over the years as my knowledge has expanded of different cultures, meaning, and appropriation. It still contains the meaning of death to me, but through my drawing of the skulls it is done to show that the skull in various states of distortion. I did this by an addition and subtraction method to create an ephermalness to the skull, to reflect the ephermalness of its meaning.

The drawings and paintings are images of that are dealing with the ideas of semi apocalyptic landscape, where objects

Need to sleep, get back tomorrow

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Subject matter