Haunted

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at 10:39 p.m.

Painted yesterday for a long time, and left to work on this fourth year essay, see below post. The whole time the current painting stuck in my head, and the same today. Something not working with it, there are good parts in it eveything seems off to me; not what I want. I'm going to scrape some of it tomorrow, but really hope I can get what I want done to it. The large exapnses of color in the explosion/cloud seem to be what angers me, they don't work. I would say they're fighting againest each other, but they're not, its not a tension filled fight, nor pushing and pulling, "just don't co-exist well" is the best terms I can say. I believe I know what I want, just have to execute it tomorrow.
It kind of brings me down, the confidence has dropped a bit. Being tired today doesn't help it either, ad I know thats a factor, nor having my dosage of coke cola till just now. I read a lot of asian books on war, stragedy, samurai code; trying to cultivate that attitude at times, this fearlessness, a no fear of death and such. Sounds nonsense at times I suppose one would think, but in the Book of Five Rings the author stresses that the applications of the techniques/mindset in the book can be applied to other things such as calligraphy and art. Perhaps I am rambling here, just a venting of frustration.

Will try to write on subject matter soon.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Haunted