Focsing the Sights

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , , | Posted On Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 1:45 a.m.

A series of objectives

I am trying to refocus myself as of late. I have been a little distracted, not really sure of where I should be going or doing. Lost sight perhaps. Not entirely sure why, a variety of different factors that have added up.

While I was at the Banff Centre I had to make a list of short term and long term learning objective, goal, to achieve as part of the program there. I think everybody has had to do one of these because of some high school class or university. I felt at Banff Centre that this was flakey, but they insisted on it, and I did find by doing it I was able to shape my activities better and achieve more. Just nice being able to scratch something off the list. Even just writing it out helped.

Then how to achieve these goals can be figured out.


Short term

Finish the three chests by November

Finish the dresser's top and bottom rail, clean up by November

Start three paintings by December

Large etching by November 1st for Arts and Letters Awards

Six etchings by December [or more]


Long term

Learn how to cut dovetail joints

Ship in a bottle

Prepare for solo show in May 2011 – 20+ pieces [drawings, prints, paintings]

Apply for residencies

Studio space

Trip to Europe


Posted this for myself but also maybe give people some insight to how I work. It can't be all good news, it has to be the inner workings.




Comments:

There are 0 comments for Focsing the Sights