You ain't got to know my name, check the blood, sweat & tears For years, ya'all know I bang

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , | Posted On Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 2:37 a.m.

Some days all I need is Wu Tang.

It was a productive day in terms of thinking about my art. I slept in late, popped into the studios and started doing some drawing. Nothing serious, but prep for some other work. Some days I wished I did photo for the instant gratification feel [I know not totally instant] but with imaginary landscapes it's a little hard to photograph. I miss etching a bit, it always seemed so intuitive and quick for me. I guess I just need to make lithography like that for me. A lot of printing does that for one.

The Leyton Gallery is having a Christmas show in November and they asked me if I wanted to submit some work to it. I definitely am doing so, it's not a "Christmas" theme show but I am trying to incorporate George E. Tyson's Christmas journal entry in to the work; even if it just the inclusion of the text into the piece. It isn't very cheery really, describing the darkness and coldness and the barrenness of their Christmas dinner.

The Wanderer residency had their artist presentations yesterday and a lot of great artwork was shown. I really like this group and the artwork being proposed. I like all the residencies so far, but maybe this one has a more definite connection to my art interests. I keep turning to video, especially after seeing Oliver Lutz's pieces in his artist talk. I have always had this performative aspect to me, and should really embrace it.

Watched The Shipping News movie last night. Been feeling a little homesick, missing that landscape. Spend a lot of time looking at nautical items on etsy and other websites.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for You ain't got to know my name, check the blood, sweat & tears For years, ya'all know I bang