Only Built for Cuban Linx

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , , | Posted On Monday, September 14, 2009 at 1:53 a.m.

A new residency starts tomorrow morning, thus the past week has been a week busy with preparations for the new group of artists. I look forward to this residency, The Wanderer, as it deal with the romantic notion of the figure in the landscape and the contemporary issues with that. It is something that relates to my own art practice or can inform it a bit more.

I've started working on the new body of work. Spent most of Friday and today in the litho studio, getting things ready for printing. Was going to print today but my foot has been acting up; I believe I have an ingrown toenail. Hurts during the day, even more after wearing shoes all day. Will probably need surgery again for it, so probably will be doing that this week. Sigh... what a pain in the hole... er... foot.

The lithographic print I am working on first is going to be a three part print - by parts I mean on different sheets. So three full sheets of paper meaning it should be about 8ft tall give or take a few inches. At the moment I'm thinking it will only be about 2ft wide. I could use six sheets of paper, and have the image 2 sheets wide. Perhaps for another piece, will see how this one goes. I think it will be a good experiment for me regarding size and printing.
I haven't decided on how to join the sheets together or if this will be an issue with this work. That will be addressed once the printing is done.

From what I heard the Pick Me Up Art Collective show went well this weekend, a good crowd showed up and a good time was had by all. I wish I could of been there. I was told I was asked about. That's always good, to be brought up. I guess I'll see some people during Christmas.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Only Built for Cuban Linx