MC Conditioner - you can never say this boy's an amateur

Posted by Jona8than | Labels: , , | Posted On Friday, September 11, 2009 at 2:29 a.m.

I have finished all my researching for my new project... well, maybe finished is the wrong phrase. I have stopped researching for my new body of work at the moment, and will just start making stuff. Especially in the lithography room. If I don't use that room, I lose it in a way. It has just taken so long to get everything kind of situated for to start working at something. So glad I got an extension here in a way because if I hadn't, I'd just have two months to make everything.

That is kinda where I am to at the moment, just embarking on this new work. It feels exciting and I have a lot of support from my mentors at the Banff Centre.

It''s going to be a lot of print based work but also some ceramics and sculpture pieces. I got some porcelain today to work with - for free- so always hits the spot.

I am in an exhibition this weekend with the art collective Pick Me Up Art. Not that I think my art is particularly picking anyone up. Not my objective really. Not that I am sure of my objective, but I know what it isn't. Anyway... there is this great exhibition this weekend with some of fellow classmates and art school peeps. If you're in St. John's, check it out.

Besides that the only thing on my radar is getting ready for the winter, getting some winter clothes and gear. In particular some boots. I have been experimenting with different looks this summer; Banff kinda has this casual affect on people - so a lot of jeans and tee shirts. I think that while good for the summer, it wasn't me. I can feel in this fall my usual veering to suits and other such wear. In particular, Alexander McQueen's fall clothes. Just fell in love with it. Those sharp lines and attitude - real masculinity.

That's my thoughts for today


Comments:

There are 0 comments for MC Conditioner - you can never say this boy's an amateur