Dehuman art show

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 2:03 a.m.

I came across this art show through the catalog at the Art Gallery at school. I found it very interesting, seeing my interest in drawing. I won't go in to it too much here, but seemed like a great show.

The catalog had a few nice essays/blurbs, one being this"

Finally, drawing is the medium that most sensitively registers the vulnerabilities and subtleties of being human. This has something to do with the touch, with the unmediated impression of hand on surface. "I like the sense of intimacy," Ed Pien says. "When I'm drawing I'm dealing with a small area but that area is so big in my head that when I glance at it I can see the whole world in front of me."

-
Robert Enright

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Dehuman art show