Recent aquiring

Posted by Jona8than | | Posted On Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 12:06 a.m.

Christmas was very good. I always enjoy Christmas, and while the title of this post may seem slightly blase and only focused on acquisitions, but it untrue. I just enjoy being home. But this blog is suppose to be more work related, so titled it so.

I received the Phaidon book, Ice Cream , which shows contemporary art of the world choose by 10 different curators. Only started reading today, but very interesting so far.

I have also received from a friend of mine, a set of sumi ink brushes, traditionally used for Asian calligraphy and painting. It seems like a very nice set, and I was looking at ordering some the other day on a website. I am hoping to use them for some drawing this year for my said fourth year.

I have been reading up on Asian ink painting lately, trying to get a hold of the aesthetics of it. Not trying tot totally appropriate it, bt rather understand it. I feel a slight connection to it. But more on that later

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Recent aquiring